2018 Austin Cyclocross Cup Series latest news!
For 2018, ClifBar will become our Austin Cyclocross Cup Series presenting partner! You will be able to register for both events via one transaction and receive a nice discount.
We are excited to announce that this year’s series, we will utilize race|result’s active transponder system to enhance your race weekend experience. These transponders are the current scoring/timing standard being used by our friends, North TX CX events and will be used at this year’s state championships. The race|result system will provide lap times (very cool), competitor position details for race officials, timely onsite results posting and real-time/live scoring via the web.
You will be assigned a unique tag at race registration for each day of racing. Austin Cyclocross Cup Series and it’s partners/sponsors will be funding the rental of all transponders as an added benefit and enhancement to your race experience! Please make sure to thank them and support those who support our sport!
Finally, the registration discount pass that will save you of $20 will end on Thursday, Oct. 12th. Take advantage and register early at www.bikereg.com/atxcxcupseriespass.
- Registration will open on July 1st and until Aug. 31st you will be able to register for $100, this is a $40 discount.
- Register from Sep. 1st – Oct. 12th for $120, this is a $20 discount.
- Second series pass will be discounted.
- Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Gear: Pre-order only! All pre-ordered items will be available to the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival on Oct. 14 & 15, 2017. Pre-order sale will close on Tuesday, Sep. 15th.
- Georgetown Cyclocross Festival Flanders Limited Shirt
- Limited Edition Austin Cyclocross Trucker Hat.
- All Kids/Juniors race for FREE as part of the scholarship program made possible by Woom Bikes, the award-winning children’s bike company and ClifKids.
All events will have face painters on-site for kids (and some adults); ClifKids Pump Track at the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival (video).
Events schedule for 2017 is listed below:
- 2018 Georgetown Cyclocross Festival Presented by ClifBar. At our first stop of our series racers will be presented with the 250 ft. long sand pit which the beer garden will be strategically located near by.
- Date: October 13th & 14th.
- Race Flyer: View Race Flyer.
- Register: www.bikereg.com/gtcxfest
- Website: www.georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626.
- 2018 WurstCross Festival benefiting the New Braunfels Parks Foundation. Our second and final stop for the 2018 Austin Cyclocross Cup Series will be a two-day event (Sat. & Sun.)!
- Date: November 10th & 11th.
- Race Flyer: View Race Flyer.
- Register: www.bikereg.com/wurstcross
- Website: www.atxcxcup.com/wurstcross-cyclocross
- Location: Cypress Bend Park, 503 Peace Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Discount will not be available after October 11th.
- Individual discounted race entries are not transferable.
- Series Pass are not refundable!
2018 Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Details:
- AWARDS: In 2017 we worked with our good friends at Rocket Science Sports and designed a super cool champions jersey. It’s clean, classic and one you will want to frame, that is, if you are the CHAMPION! Champions Jerseys will be awarded in below categories. In addition, we will have a special award for those who place 2nd and 3rd in each category for series points.
- All Women Categories will be presented by Clifbar!
- NEW! We have added the Masters Women 40+ 1/2/3 to our categories! Women 40+ 1/2/3 will race together with the Women P/1/2/3, however point’s scores will be separate for the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series.
- Call-ups: Call-ups will be based on USAC Ranking.
- Join us on at all Austin Cyclocross Cup Series events in the beer garden! All registered racers over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing Rentsch Brewery beer in our beer garden at the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival.
- All Kids/Juniors race for FREE as part of the scholarship program made possible by Woom Bikes and ClifKids. All races associated with our ACC will subsidies, “free” entries to all junior/youth racers and will have a consistent schedule so that parents who also race can have a balance schedule and will be encouraged to bring their kiddos.
- Water Monter Hydration System available onsite!
- Equal Prize Purse. We will have equal purse for both men & women categories at all Austin Cyclocross Cup Races. Purse will vary based on the Level of each independent race.
- Men P/1 & 2: $ / 5
- Women P/1/2 & 3: $ / 5
- *Special Women Cat Purse: $ / 3
- Men Masters 40+ Open: $ / 3
- Men Cat 3: $ / 3*
- Women Cat 3 will race with the P/1/2 however they will have a separate reward for top 3. Racers will not be able to double in purse. Cat 3 Purse will be $ / 3.
- Great Swag Prizes! We will also have great swag prizes courtesy of our fantastic sponsors; Nuun Hydration, Clif Bar, Coover Caramels Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee and many more to be announced shortly.
- Upgrade or change categories during the season? No problem! We will simply move your pass over to your desired race.
A series competition will be computed and managed by Austin Cyclocross Cup for the following categories:
- Master Men’s 40+ Open
- Junior Boys U19
- *Master Men’s 50+ & 60+
- Master Women 40+ 4/5
- Men’s CX 3
- Single Speed Men Open
- Women 4/5
- Single Speed Women Open
- Junior Girls U19
- *Junior Boys/Girls U15
- **Junior Boys/Girls U10
- Kid ‘Cross (9 and under) Fun Ride
- 12:45-1:10 PM- Course inspection / Course open where not being used by kids course.
- Women’s P/1/2/3
- *Men’s P/1/ *2
- Master Women 40+ 1/2/3
- Men’s CX 4/5
- Master Men’s 40+ 4/5
*Race together, Austin Cyclocross Cup Series point’s scores will be separate.
** All Kid ‘Cross (9 and under) Race Participants must have a USA Cycling License or a 1 day License.
Questions or concerns, please reach us by completion the contact us form below.