2017 Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Point Individual & Team Leaders
After the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival we have now those who are leading the 2017 Rentsch Brewery Austin Cyclocross Cup Series. Will they be able to hold the small margin lead? Who will win the champions jersey?
It will be decided at our 2nd and final stop of our series, The WusrtCross Festival Benefiting, New Braunfels Parks Foundation on November 11th & 12th. All racers will get a free entry to one day of the iconic WurstFest.
Register today at www.atxcxcup.com/wurstcross-cyclocross.
Individual standing after the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival
- Master Men 40+: Brent Turner, Cantu Cycling Wheels
- Junior Boy U19: Tyler Fiker
- Master Men 50+: Martin Soetaert, Rol Wheels
- Master Men 60+: Whitney Fanning, Geri Atrix
- Master Women 40+ 4/5: Shelley Egli
- Men 3: Conner Chathan, 787 Racing
- Single Speed Men: Matt Demartino, Team Yacht Club
- Women 4/5: Tie between the following riders
- Emily Upshaw, Team Viking Ship, &
- Rebecca Scaduto, Team Super Awesome
- Single Speed Women Open: Venny Alub, Cantu Cycling Wheels
- Junior Girl U19: Kalena Engeling, Yoga Box Racing p/b Transitions LC
- Junior Boy U15: Grant Wilky, Rol Wheels
- Junior Girl U15: Rowan Engeling
- Junior Boy U10: Arturo Aviles, Texas Cyclocross Project
- Junior Girl U10: Mabel Levy, Texas Cyclocross Project
- Women P/1/2/3: Abigail Yates, Matrix/RBM
- Master Women 40+ 1/2/3: Kim Chance, Matrix/RBM
- Men P/1: Matt Stephen, Bicycles Plus Racing
- Men 2: Jeff Parks, Bicycle Heaven / PVA
- Men CX 4/5: Patrick Mannon
- Master Men 40+ 4/5: Matt Stamm, Texas Cyclocross Project
Team standing after the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival
- Matrix/RBM with 642 points
- Cantu Cycling Wheels with 604 points
- 787 Racing with 546 points
Announcing our 2015 Austin Cyclocross Cup Team Championship Details
We are excited to announce our first Austin Cyclocross Cup Team Championship. Teams can compete for the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Team Championship by earning points at all six Austin Cyclocross Cup Series races for 2015. Participating teams will accumulate points using the Austin Cyclocross Cup point system at each race based on their ranking at each of the race events. Team rankings will be determined by the points earned by up to 5 individual and unique riders at each race. If a rider scores points in two races during one race day, use their best result and only submit one result per rider.
- For each team, points are earned by the top five placings by its riders on that race day. The riders earning points do not need to be the same at each race.
- Teams with less than five rider earning placings are still eligible to participate.
- The individual points earned by each of the five qualifying riders on each team will be totaled and the teams will ranked for that day’s race based on these points.
- The team with the highest total score at the end of the series is the winner.
- A tie for first place will be broken based on the best point total at the last race in the series.
- Team competition leaders will be announced prior to each of the individual race dates. The Team Series Champion will be announced at the end of Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Celebration, “PARTY”. Our ATX CX Cup series celebration will happen on, Thursday, November 19th at Bicycle World (formerly Jack & Adam’s.) on 300 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704 (512) 472-5646. We will have food, beverages and awesome door prizes from our great sponsors. More details will be posted soon.
- Important: To participate, each team member must be registered under its USA Cycling team prior to each event.
Example of the teams results/points for top 5 rider per day:
- Rider 1: John Juan Ring, Singlespeed Open, 5th place. 38 Points
- Rider 2: Mark Sandbagger, Men Cat 4 , 1st place. 60 points
- Rider 3: Jeff Big Gear, Men 40+ 1/2/3, 2nd place. 53 points
- Rider 4: Katie Bad Ass, Women 1/2/3, 1st place. 60 points
- Rider 5: Sebastian Next Big Thing, U10 Boys, 2nd place. 53 points
Total Team Point for the day= 264
Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Team Award basket items as of September 7, 2015:
- 1 Bottle of Treaty Oak Distilling Co. Rum.
- 1 Bottle of Deep Eddy Vodka.
- 1 Case of HighBrewCoffee.
- 1 Box of Nuun Hydration + Water Bottles.
- 1 Clif Bar Wind Vest.
- 1 ClifShot Jug of Recovery Drink, and
- 1 ClifShot Jug of During Activity Drink.
Many more to be announced soon… Are you interested in being part of this Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Team Award basket? Send us an email at Rolando@TexasCXProject.org.
Question/Comments, let us know by completing the below form…